July 10, 2008 MEETING OF SAN ANTONIO DEL MAR
HOMEOWNERS COMMITTEE MINUTES
Members Present: Al Rosen, Dr. Martha Alvarez, Javier Gonzales, Dora Alicia McIntosh, Liz Walton, David Holt, Alex Sandoval
· Minutes from May 22 and June 19 Committee meetings reviewed and approved. No substantive mistakes were noted in the minutes
· Reviewed 2nd Quarter Financial Report for the months of April, May and June. Discussed and explained the following items: Utilities cost in April, payments related to dissolving of Acta Constitutiva, costs related to construction of rock wall in 100 block of Moro, costs for 600 block pool in June, Utilities cost in June (Explanation of these costs were included in Financial Report). Estimated monthly costs for current services, based on five months of expenditures, is about $15,000.00 (USA) per month.
· Discussed agenda for General Meeting, scheduled for July 12.
· Discussed registering set of standards and requirements of all new construction and modifications to existing structures. Martha indicated that this is project she is currently working on.
· Discussed future elections — when they might occur, length of terms, procedures of election. Topic referred to future meeting.
· Martha received plan from city for repair of drain at end of Toronado St. Estimated cost of repair set at about $40,000 (USA). No decision will be made by committee until city presents more specifics regarding how much money will be committed by the City for the project.
· Al and Martha described visit by two employees from the City’s Public Works Dept. (Playas region). Representatives toured community and were informed of issues — construction sites violating height restrictions, abandoned vehicles, business activities, drain water discharge onto streets, Toronado St. erosion. There has been no response from the Public Works employees at the time of the committee meeting.
· Discussed non residents using pool and security concerns on the weekend. Vote taken to expand security on weekends during the summer months, with emphasis securing the pool area. Martha estimated that added cost will be about $60. (USA) per week.
· Martha informed committee that caseta guards are now recording information on non-resident vehicles. Written information is retained and copy given to driver.
· Dave discussed information he has received from the police regarding the death of Kenneth Stewart. He indicated that police are certain they know identity of murderer but have not located him. He is a young man known by and whom worked for Mr. Stewart.
· Martha indicated that several graffiti sites, bordering the toll road, have been painted over.
· Discussed problems with unsupervised and unleashed dogs. Dogs have attacked residents and other pets, intimidated walkers, and defecated on streets and private property. Will be topic at Homeowners meeting and signs will be made and posted regarding responsibility for pets.
· Discussed July 4 Fiesta, held on July 5. About 150 people attended event. Appears it was success. Planning for next Fiesta on September 15 will be set at next meeting. About $300. (USA) made.
· Data entry of the bank accounts, dues information and personal data into QUICK BOOKS continues.
· Money owed to Hacienda (Mexican taxes for ACTA) remains undetermined
· Withdrawal of two committee members acknowledged. Vote on changing required number for quorum decreased from 6 to 5 members present. Liz made motion, seconded by Alex. Vote in favor was unanimous.
· Balance of money remaining after bills paid for July 4 Fiesta will be set aside separately for future fiestas. Vote in favor was unanimous.
· Voted to add full-time security service during daylight hours of summer weekends. Focus of security will be on restricting non residents from the pool. Alex made motion, seconded by Liz. Vote in favor was unanimous.
· Repair of single border along 1100 block of Risco Street completed. Serious potholes being repaired.
End: 6:10 pm Recorded by: Al Rosen