October 9, 2008: MEETING MINUTES OF SAN ANTONIO DEL MAR
Members Present: Dr. Martha Alvarez, Al Rosen, Javier Gonzales, Liz Walton, Herta Calvo
· Reviewed agenda for General Meeting on October 11.
· Reviewed Quarterly Financial Report. Herta will translate report
· Reviewed accomplishments during the past quarter. Maintenance basically limited to keeping the community clean, weed-free and parks green.
· Conversation about abandoned vehicles and what can be done. Martha emphasized that we need Police Department to remove vehicles and we must be careful so that committee is not accused of theft. First, the City must post notice on vehicles and they must remain on the vehicles for a determined period.
· Described problem with security alarms on communication towers on the east side of the highway. Recent problem affected north end of community. Martha investigated and discovered the responsible party. Problem solved.
· Martha mentioned that workers will receive Christmas bonus in December (Aquinaldo). This is a Mexican custom/requirement. Letter/announcement will go out to the community asking for cash donation for all workers.
· Reviewed new security program. Liz questioned whether there will be any savings. Consensus that saving will be minimal if any. Alta Security gave us a price that was low and barely covered their expenses.
· Trash at the south entrance — businesses not associated with San Antonio — remains a problem. Martha reported that she has made direct contact but there has been no substantive response. Suggestion made that a letter/petition be submitted to the businesses.
· Discussed security incidents. No incidents reported in last two weeks.
· Liz reviewed results (statistics) of the Beach Clean-up day.
· Discussed methods for homeowners to pay dues. Reoccurring problem with some residents. They do not want to write check to personal account. Reviewed our history of trying to establish non-personal account, and consensus that it remains impossible under present circumstances. Suggestions that people can pay in cash, purchase materials for maintenance of pool, parks, streets, etc.
· Discussed issue of non-paying residents. Letter sent specifically to these parties. Letter requested response. So far, only one response. General discussion of ways to encourage payment of dues, most centered on person-to-person contact.
· Minutes from September 25, 2008 meeting reviewed and approved. Herta moved for acceptance and Martha seconded. Unanimous acceptance.
End: 6:00 pm Recorded by: Al Rosen