May 14, 2009 MEETING MINUTES OF
SAN ANTONIO DEL MAR HOMEOWNERS COMMITTEE
Members Present: Martha Alvarez, Herta Calvo, Javier Gonzales, Dora Alicia McIntosh,
Al Rosen, Liz Walton
· The schedule for the General Meetings will be trimester meetings (3 times per year) instead of quarterly meetings. The remaining General Meetings for 2009 will be held on July 11 and Nov 13.
· Sewage repairs. CESPT officials came today to inspect the sewage pumping stations in SADM. Repairs began today on the pumping station at 800 block at Roca. All treated water from Hacienda goes through a pipe that runs through the canal, between the 300 and 400 blocks, to the ocean. CESPT has promised that all sewage pumping stations will be repaired and operating within one month.
· Water officials have questioned the changes that were made to the water drainage in the 400 block of Farallon. We were reminded that the laws of Mexico dictate that only employees from the water company are authorized to make changes to pipes in public streets and access ways.
· Finances are holding steady. We continue to trim palm trees as we receive money from residents who have specific palms that they want trimmed.
· The Water company gave us 100 bags of cement ($800 of material) to fix the streets that they tore up when they were repairing the water pipes. Dr. Alvarez negotiated with them and they agreed to give us one bag of cement for each meter that they excavated during the repairs. As a result, we were able to fix 180 sq meters of streets in San Antonio.
· We’ve experienced some minor burglaries in May. Most of the houses that were entered are on the ocean front.
· We also have some vandals who are going through the community at night and have made several attempts (some successful and others not) to steal various statuary, a mission bell and other decorations outside of homes. The night patrol has reported this activity, but unless these people are caught in the act of stealing it is difficult to control this activity.
· Someone has left a pile of trash in the street on the north end. Dr. Alvarez will send San Antonio employees to pick up the trash and a couch that has been abandoned on the side of Cantil in the north end.
· Dora Alicia McIntosh and Craig Shaefer have been canvassing the community in an effort to encourage residents to pay dues and to contribute money for our Adopt-A-Pothole fund. They have received donations for the streets from more than a dozen residents. Dr Alvarez has also received contributions from a few people who have requested that specific potholes be fixed on their streets. So far, we have collected $1200 for the street fund.
· Dora Alicia will coordinate the July 4th party. Details will be discussed at the next board meeting in June.
· Committee reviewed minutes from April 09, 2009. Minor changes were made for clarification. Martha moved to approve; Doria Alicia seconded; unanimously approved.
End: 6:35 pm Recorded by: Liz Walton